If you’re at 42 weeks pregnant, you’re likely feeling anxious and ready for your baby’s arrival. Although you may have gone past your due date, it’s still important to keep an eye on your and your baby’s health, and your medical provider will be able to help you.
Common Signs at 42 Weeks Pregnant
At 42 weeks pregnant, you may still be feeling a bit uncomfortable, but your body is well prepared for labor. Common signs of being at 42 weeks pregnant can include:
-Braxton Hicks contractions that come more frequently
-Decreased fetal movement
-Increased vaginal discharge
Tips for Staying Comfortable
Waiting for labor can be a stressful time, but there are steps you can take to stay as comfortable as possible. Here are some tips for 42 weeks pregnant:
- Practice relaxation techniques. Taking some time to yourself with relaxation exercises like deep breathing and visualizations can help you cope with the wait.
- Stay active. With your health care provider’s permission, staying active with gentle exercise can help keep you relaxed and release endorphins.
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking lots of fluids can help keep you hydrated and help relieve some discomfort.
- Try different positions. Experimenting with different positions can help relieve pressure on your back and hips.
- Talk to your provider. Keep your health care provider informed of any changes, concerns, or questions you may have.
The wait can be a stressful time when you’re 42 weeks pregnant, but it’s important to take care of yourself and be patient. With the right care and support, you and your baby will soon be on your way to a healthy life together.